9. The Cave, like many other caves, is underground. No windows, no direct sunlight. Bad for humans and plants, good for mushrooms and wine.
8. Almost all our lockers are vertical, side-by-side lockers rather than stacked. Easy on you, easy on your back.
7. In the LAnd of bulldozed history, we still stand; open in 1925, the Glendale Hotel has been a historical landmark since 1977. Once a ballroom and restaurant, the original dance floor remains. Whether you use it to that end, of course, is up to you and your wine.
6. All the cars are going west. We're east of all that, accessible by surface streets, the 5, the 210 or the 134. Less traffic, less stress, and bonus: less expensive.
5. Did we mention the alarm system, a manager who lives on the premises, and the police station across the street?
4. We don't medicate our obsessive compulsive disorder, we just take it out on our temperature control.
3. We are large enough to hold 550 cases of your wine, yet intimate enough to feel like it's in your own basement.
2. We boast a fiercely loyal and long-term customer base. Many have been building their collection with us since our opening in the early eighties. They cite our consistent temperature control and non-warehouse atmosphere as their primary reason for being here.
1. We, however, cite our fiercely loyal customer base as our primary reason for being here, a broad group of people who have over the years made The Cave their own. We endeavor to serve them well and then get out of the way.