Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Cave After-Hours.

Halloween: not a big wine day, apparently, judging by the unusually quiet Saturday. Halloween notwithstanding, it's shipping season and things are already picking up around here. A few things you may not know about The Cave that could make shipping season a little easier for you:

The Cave is open for business Wednesday - Sunday, 2-7 pm. These hours can really kill a day, let me tell you. Rather than expanding them or changing them, I've been offering another solution: The Cave After Hours.

Because I live in the building, the commute to work is fairly low-stress and generally takes about a minute. Sense would dictate if you need access to your wine and I'm a mere minute away, then why not? So far this is a charge- and gratuity-free service; it simply makes sense to offer it. There is the possibility that I may not be available, but you can increase your access chances with one small request: to call one business day in advance whenever possible.

818 - 242 -5192 is the phone number for The Cave. The number for the bat-phone is 818-359-5182. If you need to get into The Cave on short notice or on a Monday/Tuesday, you can always take your chances with that number. Sometimes I'm not around, often I am. The hours for the bat-phone are generally 11a.m., give or take, to 11p.m., give or take. Finally, it is the world's worst cell-phone. I think it came free when they bought a Super Big Gulp from 7-11, so some patience may be required.

I've spoken to UPS and Fed-Ex and they assure me packages will only be delivered here during business hours if those hours are on the shipping label. So far no one has ventured to try this. Frankly, I'm on your side on this one - no one wants their wine lost in the system for experiment's sake. But the offer is there.

UPS.
FedEx.