Thursday, April 7, 2011

Location, location, location!

The new neighbors are gone.

I'm so bummed. I hope it's not because I hurt their delicate feelings by living this many years, 106 approximately, ignorantly thinking they were morning doves. I know they sound mournful, but I'm not too wild about mornings, either.

So, if you're reading this, mourning doves, a few tips for your next location:

1. Don't build your nest on top of an old, rattly AC unit.
2. Don't build your nest above the doorway where the other new neighbors are half a dozen employees, all of whom often stand just under your nest smoking and chatting and smoking some more with unwavering disregard to the opportunity we all had to watch your family evolve...and then throwing their butts overboard, daily trashing up the Cave entryway. But I digress. And also maybe understanding why you're mourning.

(can we keep the birds and get rid of the people?)