Friday, December 7, 2012

The fermented wine?

 2004 Domaine de Courbissac Minervois-La Livinière Pandora, last weekend's wine, picked it up at Topline on a whim after they told me to buy it.  $10 range, 93 points, they admitted it might be on its way out and there was the possibility of getting a bummer bottle.  How could I pass up a sales pitch like that

First night, I wasn't sure. I couldn't figure it out and I'm not savvy enough to know whether it's actually good or not.  

Second night...it was very citrusy and effervescent.  It wasn't actually effervescent, it just tasted effervescently. 

Then Max came in and was laughing at the ridiculous label on the back.  I said they all looked like that and maybe there was another, original label underneath that didn't have all the necessary government propaganda on it for import.  Max suggested the wine may have tasted like that because it was beginning to ferment in the bottle.  I decided it was worthwhile anyway if only because it was different and unusual.  




Viola!