Sunday, February 23, 2014

2009 Rocca di Frassinello Le Sughere Maremma Toscana IGT SuperTuscan Blend

I cheated, I cut and paste the title.  There is such a thing as too many words. Not mine, of course.

Last night, loveliness came in twos, both unexpected which only adds to their charms.  After an unusually busy Wednesday-Thursday, The Cave settled into a quiet weekend. Towards the end of Saturday, Crystal came in clutching this mass of weed.  "You like Nasturtium, don't you?"  Like Twinkies to meth, I declare!  It grows wild in her yard.  If you are fortunate enough to have Nasturtium growing anywhere near you, EAT IT.

 

Also, I opened this Friday night, a 2009 Rocca di Frassinello Le Sughere Maremma Toscana IGT SuperTuscan Blend.  I'm cleaning out my Italian wines because they've been so fickle and this too was only okay.  Last night, however, it was really just lovely, like a different wine entirely, deep and rich and inky. Really pleasant.

You know that thing where you spend the day at the beach and even after a shower, dinner, and hanging out you can still smell sun and beach on you?  I swear to gods I was lying in bed in the middle of the night smelling Nasturtium.  Nice night.