Saturday, October 17, 2009

Biodynamic.

Possibly my favorite day here so far: last week, after a few hours into day three of a whole lot of quiet, Sami showed up with his brother, sister-in-law, mother, and father in tow. "I'm getting married tomorrow," he announced, and then proceeded into the Bordeaux Room where all you heard for the next half hour was laughing, the full on cacophony of it, a great thing to be privy to. Then Andy came in and told me about the little joint stumbled upon while in France, the restaurateur, the food, and the local wine - very good wine - bio-dynamically produced.

Pretty much everything wine-related is a new one on me, but crazy as I am about food in an it's-all-connected kind of way, I should have had some acquaintance with this term. I do now.

a biodynamic primer
a breakdown of biodynamic preparations
biodynamic wine directory, July 2008

(10/29/09 addendum: This article showed up in the LA Times yesterday.)

(sorry:)