Wednesday, March 13, 2013

goodbye, great story.

About six months ago I got a phone call inquiring about wine storage.  What a coincidence, we are a wine storage facility and do this very thing.  I asked the standard first question: "About how many cases do you have?"

"One bottle."

I did what any unprofessional troglodyte would do, I laughed brazenly.

"Ahhahahahahahahahahahahha...one bottle?!?!...ah-hahahahahahahhaahhahaha!"

Go figure, he came in anyway, one bottle in hand which I put in a Charles Shaw box in case of earthquake and then in the Manager's Locker for six months.  $32. 

Today the gentleman came in to take his bottle home.  His six month lease was up for renewal but he said his father was in town and would open it for him, he'd probably appreciate it more.

1999 Chateau Mouton Rothschild, yes, I think his dad will like that.